[Mediawiki-l] site mirror and master-slave question

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Wed May 16 17:58:13 UTC 2012

On 14/05/12 16:38, chris wrote:
> I'm using mysql replication now for another application so I know what
> that's about.   But for rsync,  not sure what you mean about --delete
> the folder.
> Would you suggest rsyncing the whole mediawiki folder ?  And I'm not
> sure what you mean about 'math changes'.

The --delete parameter of rsync makes it not only copy new files, but
also delete those local files which are not in the remote side.

Changes in files during normal MediaWiki operation will usually be image
uploads (deletions, thumbnailing...) and by extensions such as math
(that which powers <math> tags).