[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki:Sidebar

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun May 13 16:36:44 UTC 2012

On 13/05/12 17:17, Stip wrote:
> The point of the whole thing is to have external links which
> look like this:
> http://www.forum.de/search.php?keywords={{PAGENAME}}{{!}} Forum

Ok, I wasn't testing with {{!}} template.

> So if you follow that link, it takes you to a searchpage of that forum
> with the name of the current article as searchparameter. To achieve
> that, I need PAGENAME to work in the sidebar. Is above solution the only
> one who does this?
{{PAGENAME}} works by default in the sidebar, but not in the sidebar titles.

> As for hiding it with CSS: First, I have no clue how to do that, and
> second, if PAGENAME doesnt work in the sidebar, the whole concept does
> not work. Or am I wrong on that?

If you had:
*Search for this page
** http://example.net/{{PAGENAMEE}} | Link

you can add in [[MediaWiki:Common.css]]
#p-Search_for_this_page { display: none }
.ns-0 #p-Search_for_this_page { display: block }