[Mediawiki-l] site mirror and master-slave question

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun May 13 15:16:08 UTC 2012

On 12/05/12 18:23, David Gerard wrote:
> I did a horrible deliberately-broken version of this. Wiki A was live,
> wiki B was read-only. Every night, a cron job would export wiki A to
> XML, and half an hour later another cron job would import said XML to
> wiki B. I didn't copy images over, but I expect just rsyncing the
> images/ folder would have worked. (If it doesn't, let me know.)

A better approach would be to make site B database be a read-only slave
of A. Then use the nighly job to rsync --delete the folder (first time
it would have to copy everything, but then only images / math changes).

I don't think rsyncing the images would have worked with your way, since
you'd also need to importImages.php
With the database replication, the rows in the image table are already
there, so it's no problem.