[Mediawiki-l] Screen Artifacts question

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at verizon.net
Sat May 12 23:27:32 UTC 2012


On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 23:53 +0200, Platonides wrote: 
> On 08/05/12 06:54, John W. Foster wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 23:23 +0200, Platonides wrote:
> > 
> >>
> >> I have added such detection at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/6874
> >> Adding that patch into your wiki should fix it (it will show an increase
> >> of fetching errors, but it's preferable than accepting and caching bogus
> >> data).
> > OK I figured out how to do this and its done. 
> >>
> >> Also, you should enable curl extension if you're not using it.
> > There seem to be several extensions that have cURL in the process, but
> > no Extension:cURL or the like. Did see Extension:WikiCurl. A more
> > precise name maybe?
> > thanks!
> > frosty
> 
> I mean, php curl extension. If there's an entry for that on a php
> phpinfo, then you have it.

OK I did install the php curl module along with Extension:WikiCurl and
it seemed that did the trick...for a while. I updated my Debian Php with
a stable upgrade and now none of the {{wikipedia::linkname}} work. I,m
not sure what caused it. I am sure thats what caused it. see new post
with "[Mediawiki-l] Issue with recent Php5 update" as the subject.
Thanks for sticking with me on this. I,m trying to get this site ready
to be moved to a remote hosting server & really need to get the bugs (of
my own doing) worked out.
Thanks
frosty




More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list