[Mediawiki-l] Signs in Mediawiki

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue May 8 10:09:36 UTC 2012

Isabel wrote:
> I dont use an import tool. I just did copy and paste the documents.

What do you actually see? What do you mean by "showing not right"? Do
you see question marks, squares, gibberish, other letters or just
nothing?

>> Which import tool do you recommend?
> You might find http://wikieducator.org/Wikieducator_tutorial/Editing_using_open_office useful.

Note that in the latest version of LibreOffice, exporting to MediaWiki
doesn't work. The bug is reported to LibreOffice developers and will
hopefully be fixed soon, but I can't promise anything. You may try an
older version.

There are plug-ins for Microsoft Word that allow exporting directly
from Microsoft Word to MediaWiki format, although I'm not familiar
with them. They probably won't be perfect, but they might work. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:WordToWiki

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬