[Mediawiki-l] Screen Artifacts question

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:23:28 UTC 2012

On 07/05/12 18:15, John W. Foster wrote:
>> I assume you're using the scary transclusion?
> Yep!
>> Can you provide a link to such page?
>
> www.physicswiki.net

You know that you can directly use freedns for the dynamic ip, removing
the need of dyndns and the frame, right?

> use search function for;
>
> Inductive reasoning

The page is incomplete. If you look at the html source, you'll see the
page content ends at:

This causes a mismatch which the skin, which is then placed incorrectly.

> Pardon the slowness of the link, please.
> Thanks for the quick response.

The slow connection is probably responsible that many of your requests
get truncated. However, MediaWiki should have been smarter and detect that.

I have added such detection at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/6874
Adding that patch into your wiki should fix it (it will show an increase
of fetching errors, but it's preferable than accepting and caching bogus
data).

Also, you should enable curl extension if you're not using it.

Regards