[Mediawiki-l] Screen Artifacts question

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:27:31 UTC 2012

On my Mediawiki installation I use some links to Wikipedia, Wiktionary,
Mediawiki; for providing completeness to some supporting but not
essential areas.

If I use this as the link:
{{wikipedia::Inductive reasoning}}

I get a page that has the site logo and border instructions and menu
from my website overlaid onto the Wikipedia page. This does not happen
every time I use this type of link, only about 15% of the time.

If I use this link;
{{raw:wikipedia::Inductive reasoning}}

The page format is correct, but of course the Templates & links within
the transcluded page do not work.

The fact that it varies from linked content, to linked content, tells me
that there is something I am doing wrong or that there is some element
of formatting that I'm missing.

Any ideas/tips, etc.
Thanks!
frosty