[Mediawiki-l] UserLoadFromSession problem

Paweł Muszyński pmuch at bolinko.org
Mon May 7 13:13:49 UTC 2012

Hello.

I try to implement my own authorization scheme - connect MediaWiki to
the user database of my other site.

When someone is logged into my portal, and he has an account in
MediaWiki, I want him to be logged into MediaWiki.

As a first step to achieve this, I wanted to do an autologin of
Pmuszynski. This is my function attaced to UserLoadFromSession hook:

function pmUserAuth($user, &$result) {

                 $user = User::NewFromName('Pmuszynski');
                 $id = User::idFromName('Pmuszynski');
                 $user->setId( $id );
                 $user->loadfromId();
                 wfSetupSession();
                 $user->setCookies();
                 $user->setToken();
                 $user->saveSettings();
                 $user->saveToCache() ;
                 $result = true;
                 return true;
};

But I'm getting following error on entering Wiki:

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in
/wiki/includes/User.php on line 2298 Warning: array_unique() expects
parameter 1 to be array, null given in /wiki/includes/User.php on line
2298 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/wiki/includes/User.php on line 3472 Warning: Invalid argument supplied
for foreach() in /wiki/includes/User.php on line 3481 MediaWiki internal
error.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help :-)

Pawel