[Mediawiki-l] protect images and pdfs

Poornima Pochana ppreddy at uab.edu
Sat May 5 20:28:00 UTC 2012

Hi Bernhard,

I faced the same issue trying to protect images and pdfs. In my case, the entire wiki was private. but the urls to images and pdfs (if one knew) were accessible to all. I tried many methods, but these two Location directives in the apache virtual host config for my wiki solved the issue for me.

<Location "/<mywikiname>/Main_Page">
                AuthType Basic
                Require valid-user
</Location>