[Mediawiki-l] Fetching RSS feed from secure server issue

c. martzloff chris at teslagovernment.com
Wed Mar 28 15:07:58 UTC 2012

 Hello All,

 First time post here.

 Trying to resolve a problem where I'm trying to request an RSS feed
 from my WIki server to a secure tomcat web server (under my control) but
 I'm getting this error:

 Failed to load RSS feed from https://my.web.server.com/feed: Error
 fetching URL: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA
 certificates

 This may be a simple fix either by importing the ssl certificate from
 the server i wish to get the feed from or by maybe telling PHP to ignore
 the certificate ?  Not sure since I don't really know if the Wiki PHP
 code is using cURL to do the request or something else.  And I wouldn't
 be too sure on where to import it to if i need to do this.

 I tried going into the /includes/HttpFunctions.php file and setting
 "protected $sslVerifyHost = false;" and "protected $sslVerifyCert =
 false;"   but no go.

 any help would be nice.

 Chris