[Mediawiki-l] CentralNotice only working on pages without short URLs

Forest ForTrees forestfortrees at ymail.com
Thu Mar 22 23:04:08 UTC 2012

Hello,

I do IT for a nonprofit that runs a specialized MediaWiki wiki for people with chronic pain. It's our main project, and we'd like to use CentralNotice on it because of several features that make it superior to SiteNotice for our use.

I've installed it and set up a test banner and a campaign. Interestingly, the test notice doesn't appear when you access a page via the short URL, but does appear when you access it through the long URL.

For example, the SiteNotice currently is set to display the phrase, "For testing purposes only: CentralNotice is working." You will only see that phrase if you navigate to the first of the following two links:
http://www.tmswiki.org/w/index.php?title=The_Tension_Myositis_Syndrome_Wiki
http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/The_Tension_Myositis_Syndrome_Wiki
Theoretically, the above two URLs refer to the same resource.

We used the "Recommended how-to guide (setup used on Wikipedia)" method for setting up Short URLs. The key line, in httpd.conf, is Alias /ppd /home/ptpn/public_html/w/index.php

Many thanks for any help you can offer. We're very eager to get this set up.

Forest

Resources:
http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Special:CentralNotice
http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Special:Version  (v. 1.18. CentralNotice was installed from 1.18 version today)