[Mediawiki-l] Default Search

Shaffer, Kurt Kurt_Shaffer at steris.com
Thu Mar 8 17:10:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,
New to the list so if asked please excuse me.

I am trying to get the default search to search a new Namespace, I've added it to the LocalSettings.php file as shown:

#Set default searching
$wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault = array(
        NS_MAIN =>           true,
        NS_FILE =>           true,
        NS_DBA =>            true,
);

When not logged in only main and file are checked and searched.  I did a modification to the database as recommended in some documentation adding the namespace to all users options.  When a user is logged in it searches the new namespace by default.

How can I get it to include the namespace for searches when not logged in?

Thankx.
Kurt