[Mediawiki-l] Re : Re : howto include different page.css into one MediaWiki:CentralCSS.css page for organizing css cascade sheets?

HiddenId courriel_achevrier at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 8 10:25:38 UTC 2012

Sorry I made written mistakes in my previous post.
Here is this post, with written mistakes corrected:

Hi Krinkle.
I've not reach to make your solution running.
I propose to try something:

Let's try to focuse on the modification of the #p-personal CSS used by monobook and vector skin.

Then, using your method, here what we have:

1. Defaut skin used: Vector

2. CSS parameter to modify: #p-personal
3. CSS modification to apply: #p-personal {width:100%; background-color:green;}
4.
 CSS page where this CSS modification is written:
MediaWiki:Vector.css/Layout.css page of our wiki. This page contains
only one line;
   #p-personal {width:100%; background-color:green;}
5. Using of @import rule inside MediaWiki:Vector.css: This page contains this line and only this line:
   @import url('/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Vector.css/Layout.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css');
6. Refreshing the browser: we use Firefox, we made ctrl+F5
7. Results: no change. The new CSS rule written in MediaWiki:Vector.css/Layout.css, is not applied.

What sort of mistake have we done ?

Ac

________________________________

   @import url('/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.css/layout.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css');
6. Refreshing the browser: we use Firefox, we made ctrl+F5
7. Results: no change. The new CSS rule written in MediaWiki:Vector.css/Layout.css, is not applied.

What sort of mistake have we done ?

Ac

-> Krinkle message/thread #3 27 Februar:

From within a css file the only way to import another css file is to use "@import". So if your wiki is installed at https://example.org/w/ and articles viewed at https://example.org/wiki/Article. Then you'd put somethig like this into your central .css:

@import url('/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Layout.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css');

I don't know where you are using "MediaWiki:CentralCSS.css" but there is a css page by default on MediaWiki wikis called "MediaWiki:Common.css" that is loaded on all pages, perhaps use that instead to load your css pages.

And store the other ones as sub pages from it, to keep the MediaWIiki:-namespace clean.

So MediaWiki:Common.css would contain

@import url('/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Common.css/layout.css&action=raw&ctype=text/css');

-- Krinkle