[Mediawiki-l] Fwd: Dealing with corrupt pages

Sakshale eQuorian sakshale at equoria.com
Thu Mar 8 02:59:36 UTC 2012

I have a hobby site that was attacked by Chinese language spammers awhile
back.
MediaWiki: 1.18.0, PHP: 5.2.17 (cgi-fcgi), MySQL: 5.1.56, Apache: 2.2.x,
CentOS

http://gz.equoria.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

They left behind hundreds of pages with corrupt titles;

http://gz.equoria.net/index.php?title=Special:UncategorizedPages

The MediaWiki delete function can't work on pages that can't be accessed,
so how can I clean up this mess?

Will cleanupTitles.php<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:CleanupTitles.php>
 help?

How about using *phpMyAdmin*?  I looked at the *page *table. Starting
around *page_id 442* you see hundreds of page titles that are massively
long numbers.  I could delete each record, but am concerned that would
leave pointers and corrupt the database.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sakshale