[Mediawiki-l] CAPTCHA recommendation for account-creation bots?

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 21:32:46 UTC 2012

On 28/02/12 00:32, Benjamin Lees wrote:
> ReCAPTCHA is so conceptually flawed that it would be a poor solution
> even if it weren't cracked.  FancyCaptcha is good (but still at least
> sometimes bypassed in practice), but the requirements for setting it
> up put it out of reach for many wikis.

I think you could generate the captcha images locally and upload them to
the server. It's much easier to fullfil the python requisites at the
user box than in the server.
I don't think it has been proposed before, though. But with a good
documentation, that could be a much nice path for FancyCaptcha users.