[Mediawiki-l] Help importing abstract.xml

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Apr 30 17:28:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM, စကား၀ါေျမ အြန္လိုင္းစာၾကည့္တိုက္ <
sagarwarmyae at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Media Wiki Community,
>
> First I would like to say sorry if I wrongly ask help by this way. I am
> having a problem related to importing abstract.xml which is dumped data
> from http://my.wikipedia.org . I am getting the error of "Import failed:
> Expected <mediawiki> tag, got feed ". I have no idea for that.

It sounds like you might be trying to import an RSS or Atom feed instead of
a Special:Export or data dump .xmp dump.

Are you sure you have the right file, obtained correctly?

> Second problem is importing a file named
> mywiki-20120430-all-titles-in-ns0.gz which is situated on
> http://dumps.wikimedia.org/mywiki/20120430/ . I am not sure which file
> type
> it is and how I import.

This is just a list of page titles; there's not really a way to import it
as such.

-- brion