[Mediawiki-l] Template sharing question

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 28 13:00:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-27 at 12:50 -0500, Jamie Thingelstad wrote:
I'm up for helping, but as I said I usually just copy the ones I want &
modify them to a generic status. I would certainly be willing to upload
the completed generic ones to Mediawikicookbook or any where else that
will work. I was actually thinking of maybe trying to get Mediawiki to
host them or figuring out a way to make them work from Wikimedia
commons. Just seems to me to be a worthwhile venture & I do not find any
reason to have specific website info in a template. That should all be
in the /doc subpage if you want that. I dont expect that there is an
extension developed for this but I figure we could adapt one that is
used for other media from or anyone with experience that may be of
assistence. Let me know. I will help. Perhaps "Instant Templates" ??