[Mediawiki-l] About creating dialog like input tool for my wiki site

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Apr 25 14:16:43 UTC 2012

> From: Frank Xu <xu.925 at buckeyemail.osu.edu>
>
> It's an easy job if I can load my php code to the server, unfortunately
> I cannot. The IT department only allows me to edit via the wiki
> interface but not access the server side.

That's pretty heavy-handed.

Can you run it from a workgroup server, or even your boss's desktop machine? Or does IT have the keys to ALL the computers?

I'd think a machine on your LAN would be adequately firewalled to make IT feel better about it.

> ... found semantic form extension and simpleform extension.

Those would be my choices.

See if your boss has enough "pull" to run a well-firewalled "development" server on your LAN for such things.

An economist is someone who, upon encountering an auditorium filled with 40,000 destitute, unemployed people and Bill Gates, says, "On average, I see a room full of millionaires!" -- JWS