[Mediawiki-l] About creating dialog like input tool for my wiki site

Frank Xu xu.925 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue Apr 24 18:13:44 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

Currently I'm working on a wiki site (of course based on media wiki). My
boss's requirement is creating a MFC dialog like input tool for him to
add formatted information to the site. E.g. adding a publication, there
will be place for adding title, author, time, location and other misc.
information on each widget.

It's an easy job if I can load my php code to the server, unfortunately
I cannot. The IT department only allows me to edit via the wiki
interface but not access the server side. The best they can do is that
they will install standard wiki extension for me. Then I googled online
and found semantic form extension and simpleform extension. Again,
unfortunately, the latter one is out of update, which is considered as
"unsafe" component to the IT department and the former requires a
semantic mediawiki site installed which, they don't want to reinstall. I
got my hand cuffed here. Please, anyone who gives a comment or
suggestion is deeply appreciated.

Regards,
--
Regards,