[Mediawiki-l] How to allow user registration ?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Apr 4 12:45:23 UTC 2012

> From: Aaron Gray <aaronngray.lists at gmail.com>
>
> Also how do I sign up new users on a restricted access wiki with no user
> self registration ?

Perhaps there is a better way, but we use phpMyAdmin to insert a new record in the mw_user table, then tell the user to type in their name and click "send me a new password."

You need only enter the user_name and user_email fields using this technique.

[Organic agriculture] is not one that uses certain methods and substances and avoids others; it is a farm whose structure is formed in imitation of the structure of a natural system; it has the integrity, the independence, and the benign dependence of an organism. -- Wendell Berry