[Mediawiki-l] after upgrading to Mediawiki 1.17.0 the background color of my tables has disappeared

Olivier Beaton olivier.beaton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 16:45:08 UTC 2011

Someone else may be able to provide further insight but as I currently
test on 1.15, I noticed that as well. Most people on 1.16+ seem to use
the new wikipedia "wikitable" class for that blue & white table
layout. "sortable" is another usefull class that adds some javascript
sorting buttons to columns.

You may need to copy things from WP to make them work, I'm not
entirely clear on that right now.

You may be able to add to your MediaWiki:Common.css to get some
default stylings on your tables again as well, and look at the old
1.15 stylings by download one of the archive distributions.