[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki 1.17 template calls problem

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 14:55:59 UTC 2011

I am seeing this error on a Mediawiki 1.17; A call for;
"Template:Safesubst"   is what the wiki is describing as this
instruction set. "{{#ifeq:{{{subst}}}|SUBST"

Anyone know what I need to do to get these to not appear as 'template'
calls, & of course to work. below is a grab of the first few lines of
Special:WantedTemplates. As you can see this is the issue. I have read
the stuff on Mediawiki & elsewheres. I have no idea how to get rid of,
or satisfy these Template calls. I did try installing Template:Padleft &
Template:Iflenge: that did not cure the problem. There are MANY moe of
these Safesubst errors scattered throughout the site. I,m using a lot of
templates & base pages that I've snagged from Wikipedia & Mediawiki, so
they should be written correctly, though I've modified a lot of the
text. The actual templates are relatively unchanged.

> Wanted templates
> From PhysicsWiki
>
> Showing below up to 50 results starting with #1.
>
> View (previous 50 | next 50) (20 | 50 | 100 | 250 | 500)
>
>      1. Template:Safesubst: ‎(100 links)
>      2. Template:Safesubst:Ns has subpages ‎(53 links)
>      3. Template:Safesubst:padleft: ‎(33 links)
>      4. Template:Ns:Portal talk ‎(12 links)
>      5. Template:Ns:Book talk ‎(11 links)
>      6. Template:Safesubst:iflenge ‎(7 links)

If anyone has any suggestions please advise me.
Thanks!
--
John W. Foster