[Mediawiki-l] How do I update mediawiki on a shared webhosting?
uv22ealcott at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:34:58 UTC 2011
Im using Version 1.15 (sorry, I did not mention that)
So I am running through these steps:
Web (MediaWiki 1.16 and earlier)
In MediaWiki 1.16 and earlier, you can upgrade the wiki by re-running the web
To do this, I follow these steps:
1. Rename *LocalSettings.php* to *LocalSettings.old.php*
2. Make the *config* directory writable by the web server
3. Make sure the database user has full rights to the database
4. Browse to the wiki and start the installer Fill in the form fields
with the same values as was done during the previous version's
the installation process starts, the script will detect existing MediaWiki
tables, and upgrade their schema.When this is complete, a new *
LocalSettings.php* will be generated.
5. Delete the new configuration file (*LocalSettings.php*)
6. Rename *LocalSettings.old.php* back to *LocalSettings.php*
7. Restore permissions on the *config* directory
So all what i get is a new LocalSettings.php and no update. U can call me
"Frank" but this really does not work for me.
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Benjamin Lees <emufarmers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Isabell Alcott
> <uv22ealcott at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Please dont point me to these websites who are describing "Yeeee, rename
> > localsettings and run the installation process again" (like seen here:
> You don't need to rename LocalSettings.php if you're upgrading to
> Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the German version of those
> instructions has been updated to note that.
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
More information about the MediaWiki-l