[Mediawiki-l] Removing a template from a category

Schneelocke schneelocke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 13:43:27 UTC 2011

Hiya,

> I am using Inputboxes to load a template for a new page. On the template
> is the category in which the new page should appear. However, I do not
> want the template itself to show up in the category summary. I could not
> find the command for not including a page in a category, is there such a
> command?

Yes, there's <includeonly>...</includeonly>; anything between those
tags will only appear on the including page, not the template itself.

There's also <noinclude>...</noinclude>, which does the opposite -
very useful if you want to put the template into a certain category
but not the pages it's used on.

--
schnee