[Mediawiki-l] problem with FCKeditor

James King jking at metrohealth.org
Mon Sep 12 15:27:26 UTC 2011

Hello Olivier,

      I too had difficulties in bringing up the extension 1.17, and I
fiddled with it a bit, but then I could get it to work after I deleted
the FCKeditor directory and did a reinstall. I tried to figure out what
I might have done differently then you, and I noticed that the version
on the site is r93333, while my release is r81394. I don't know if this
would have any effect, but it might be worth trying an earlier release?
I'm downloading the extension from the "Download Snapshot" link in the
right hand menu. Also make sure that your require_once entry in your
local configuration file has the right capitalization in the path. I've
had issues once or twice by not matching the case correctly.

Jim King

>>> olivier_levillain <olivier_levillain at coface.com> 9/12/2011 2:43 AM

Thank you Jeff for this information.

I have two remarks :

1) the FCKeditore page states that there is a version for mediawiki
1.16 and newer
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FCKeditor_%28Official%29#MediaWiki_1.16_and_newer)
but I can't have it working

2) I installed wikiEditor and it works fine but I'm worried for my
users as it's not a real wysywyg editor anymore as FCKeditor was...

So if anybody has a hint to get FCKeditor working, I'd really
appreciate...

Best regards,
Olivier Levillain, (1425)