[Mediawiki-l] Invitation to MediaWiki hackathon, New Orleans, USA, 14-16 October

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Sat Sep 3 21:12:27 UTC 2011

We're holding a Wikimedia and MediaWiki hackathon in six weeks: 14-16
October in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/NOLA_Hackathon

Please come!  It'll be a blast. :-)

We want to get together a wide variety of contributors -- including
template, script, tool, extension, and gadget writers -- to participate,
give feedback, test, and hack with us.  If you hack MediaWiki, or write
software that uses the MediaWiki API, or runs on the Toolserver, other
developers want to chat and collaborate with you.

At the event, MediaWiki developers and Wikimedia operations engineers
will be working on Wikimedia's gadgets/extensions/tools support,
general training and hacking, etc. And we'll improve and discuss the
Wikimedia Labs projects infrastructure

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMF_Projects/Wikimedia_Labs

and other stuff that makes it easier for anyone to supercharge MediaWiki
with awesomeness.

The event is open to anyone who wants to come and contribute, and is an
opportunity to spend time with senior MediaWiki developers & ops
engineers, write beautiful code, and learn about the latest
developments. We'll write code together, discuss the software, and hold
little workshops.

If you can make it to New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 14-16 October 2011,
we'd love to have you. Please add your name to the attendees list:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/NOLA_Hackathon#Attendees

(And please spread the word!)

Thanks and best wishes.

--