[Mediawiki-l] Help with

Rowe, Dolores A dolores.a.rowe at boeing.com
Mon Oct 31 13:19:58 UTC 2011

Teammates,

In MediaWiki 1.15.3, I want to remove the footer item "Privacy policy", but these directions
didn't work for me.  I'm sure it's something really easy that I am missing, can anyone help ?

I removed the text "Privacy policy" from the page MediaWiki:Privacy, but when I saved it the
text populated back in there.  From http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Footer:

 *   privacy - this is a link only. Edit MediaWiki:Privacy<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Privacy> for the link text and MediaWiki:Privacypage<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Privacypage> for the wiki page to which to link.
Thank you so much.