[Mediawiki-l] can't block edit war

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:59:38 UTC 2011

Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have (since some months) problems with a machine/robot which fills
> some pages with pure nonsense (and deletes sometimes the old contents).

(...)
> The "POST" operation shows the return level 302, but the page is
> changed.
That's normal, when you save a page, you are redirected to view the page.

> Allowing write access only for registered users doesn't help.
>
> Where's the hidden entry for this nasty robot?

You haven't restricted access only for registered users:
(alle) -> Seiten bearbeiten (edit)

http://arktur.de/Wiki/index.php?title=Spezial:Gruppenrechte

> I've included "ConfirmEdit" and "MathCaptcha" - doesn't help. Maybe
> "MathCaptcha" doesn't work ...

You have MathCaptcha for edits adding a link, but Math captcha is easy
for a bot to solve (it's very easy for a computer to solve a sum) try
using something like FancyCaptcha.