[Mediawiki-l] PostgreSQL error

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:49:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 16:47 -0400, Bret Bailey wrote:
> I changed my media wiki configuration.  I am now trying to install it with mysql database.  I have the everything installed, but when I go to the main page, I get the following error:
>
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
>
>     (SQL query hidden)
>
> from within function "IndexPager::reallyDoQuery (LogPager)". Database returned error "1146: Table 'my_wiki.tag_summary' doesn't exist (localhost)".
>
> When I query the mysql database, the tag_summary table is not there.  How do I go about getting this data?
>
> Thanks.
-------------------snip------------------------
Did you do a complete new installation?
With a new database created in MySQL;
Or did you use the postgres database & export it to an .sql backup???
If you used an exported data base, did you run update.php command
from /yourwikiname/maintenance/?? If not do so.
If you used an exported data base, MY Experience is that you need to use
PhpMyAdmin or some other interface to 'import the backup into your newly
created MySQL database.
If you are starting from a fresh install with a new basically empty
database. then check to see if this is an Extension error message. You
may have installed an extension that is not working properly. Disable it
by commenting it out in LocalSettings.php then restart apache or what
ever web server your using & check it again.
Good Luck
frosty