[Mediawiki-l] Warning: Parameter 3 to GoogleMaps::render16() expected to be a reference, value given in /www/htdocs/.../.../w/includes/parser/Parser.php on line 3333

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Oct 11 20:59:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Isabell Alcott
<uv22ealcott at googlemail.com>wrote:

> i changed the SQL Version on my shared webhosting from 4.1 to 5.1
>
> Therefore the Webhoster did a serverchange of my account on another server.
>
> Now I receive one Errormessage on my contact page, where the google map is
> installed:
> *
> Warning: Parameter 3 to GoogleMaps::render16() expected to be a reference,
> value given in /www/htdocs/.../.../w/includes/parser/Parser.php on line
> 3333

I see you've also upgraded to PHP 5.3. :)

Remove the & from the parameter list of render16() in GoogleMaps_body.php,
it's unneeded and causes these warnings on newer versions of HTTP.

Note however that it doesn't seem to actually display maps on my local
trunk/1.19 test instance (it loads them, but I just see a big blank area
where the map should be on my page.) Might or might not work on other
MediaWiki versions. It also doesn't appear to have been updated to the
current version of the Google Maps API, so might stop working at some
point...

-- brion