[Mediawiki-l] Mozilla Festival/(Wikipedia|MediaWiki|Wikimedia) Human API

Sam Reed sam at reedyboy.net
Mon Oct 3 15:16:00 UTC 2011

If there is any interest on this, please feel free to sign up at the Mozilla
Festival website, else contacting festival at mozilla.org

I have also been informed, depending on where you are coming from, and what
you're going to do throughout the event, there is a possibility of free
admission.

Some more information from the Mozilla foundation

We're reaching out to you because we'd like you to be our guest at the
Mozilla Festival in London November 4-6. The Festival's theme this year is
"Media, Freedom, and the Web," and we have cued up a number of hackfests,
design jams, and other discussions about some of the most pressing issues
facing journalism on the open web.

A few examples of what we have brewing:

A deep dive into moving from real-time streams to big-picture pieces

https://mozillafestival.org/2011/09/28/flow-media/

Assembling a "utility belt" for data journalism

https://mozillafestival.org/2011/09/28/data-journalism/

A look into verifiability and identity on the web

https://mozillafestival.org/2011/09/28/verify-sources/

And tons more.

We think you being in London will make these activities even better.

For more information about the Mozilla Festival, please visit:
https://mozillafestival.org/

We'd love to see you in London! Please don't hesitate to write back with
questions.

Thanks so much.