[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade to 1.18

Olivier Beaton olivier.beaton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 22:08:11 UTC 2011

It should be noted that the MediaWiki docs recommend doing the following
for an upgrade (after your backups):

tar xvzf mediawiki-1.18.0.tar.gz -C /path/to/your/wiki/ --strip-components=1

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Unpack_the_new_files

If this is out of date or will cause problems for 1.18, it should
definitely be changed to reflect that. The users posting about profiler
errors followed our instructions.