[Mediawiki-l] Please help a new user

Chris Blake chris at 3pointdesign.com
Tue Nov 29 18:57:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

http://wiki.cn2en.org
installed and set the system to not auto accept registration but there wasn't any link to create an account so I found this:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount
I followed the instructions except for:
Change to the MediaWiki directory and run:
php maintenance/update.php
The link to create account appeared (top right of wiki.cn2en) and when clicked on you can login or 'request one'. Clicking on that took me to a page that I could't see unless logged in but I found a fix - by whitelisting that page in the LocalSettings.php (that's where most of the adding extensions, customising takes place).Now you can view the request page however after entering a username and password you get the error:

Database error
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "efCheckIfAccountNameIsPending". Database returned error "1146: Table 'cn2en_wiki.account_requests' doesn't exist (localhost)".

So I went back to the mediawiki website and found the extension discussion page, where someone had posted the same problem, but with a fix that I don't know how to do:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:ConfirmAccount#Database_error

I can see the update file http://wiki.cn2en.org/maintenance/update.php but i don't know how to 'run' it.

_ My hosts are looking into it.

That error is on every page now.