[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade to 1.18.0 fails on "CREATE TABLE uploadstash"

Jeffrey T. Darlington jeff at gpf-comics.com
Tue Nov 29 15:33:35 UTC 2011

Hello,

This morning I downloaded MediaWiki 1.18.0 and attempted to upgrade my
existing wiki from version 1.17.0.  Unfortunately,
maintenance/update.php fails when it attempts to create the table
"uploadstash" with a MySQL error:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'TYPE=InnoDB' at line 17 (localhost)

A more detailed snippet from the output of update.php is included below,
beneath my sig.  Fortunately, I always backup before performing updates
and I was able to download and update to 1.17.1 just fine.  When I
attempted to update from 1.17.1 to 1.18.0 I received the same error.  I
am currently running 1.17.1 without problems.

There are also a bunch of XCache related warnings, likely due to my
current XCache configuration.  I currently have xcache.var_size = 96M,
so I have no idea why it would be "too small to enable var data
caching".  XCache works just fine with the rest of my custom site code.
 However, this is a separate issue than the CREATE TABLE problem which
is the real show-stopper for me, so I'm a lot less worried about it.

Some extra relevant info:  I'm running Fedora 15, Apache 2.2.21, PHP
5.3.8, and MySQL 5.5.14.  My wiki is pretty much vanilla with no
extensions.  I have tweaked the MonoBook skin with a few customizations,
but most of my custom skin consists of symbolic links to the MonoBook
files and I make sure to check diffs of my changes against the originals
after each upgrade.  My wiki is public but locked down such that only I
can post and edit articles.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

- --

Jeff Darlington
General Protection Fault
http://www.gpf-comics.com/

Relevant portion of update.php output:
======================================

Creating uploadstash table...PHP Warning:  xcache_get(): xcache.var_size
is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in
{path-to-wiki}/includes/objectcache/XCacheBagOStuff.php on line 17
PHP Warning:  xcache_get(): xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to
enable var data caching in
{path-to-wiki}/includes/objectcache/XCacheBagOStuff.php on line 17
PHP Warning:  xcache_set(): xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to
enable var data caching in
{path-to-wiki}/includes/objectcache/XCacheBagOStuff.php on line 35
PHP Warning:  xcache_get(): xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to
enable var data caching in
{path-to-wiki}/includes/objectcache/XCacheBagOStuff.php on line 17
PHP Warning:  xcache_set(): xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to
enable var data caching in
{path-to-wiki}/includes/objectcache/XCacheBagOStuff.php on line 35
PHP Warning:  xcache_set(): xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to
enable var data caching in
{path-to-wiki}/includes/objectcache/XCacheBagOStuff.php on line 35
PHP Warning:  xcache_unset(): xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small
to enable var data caching in
{path-to-wiki}/includes/objectcache/XCacheBagOStuff.php on line 47
PHP Warning:  xcache_unset(): xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small
to enable var data caching in
{path-to-wiki}/includes/objectcache/XCacheBagOStuff.php on line 47
A database query syntax error has occurred.
The last attempted database query was:
"CREATE TABLE `uploadstash` (
 us_id int unsigned NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY auto_increment,
 us_user int unsigned NOT NULL,
 us_key varchar(255) NOT NULL,
 us_orig_path varchar(255) NOT NULL,
 us_path varchar(255) NOT NULL,
 us_source_type varchar(50),
 us_timestamp varbinary(14) not null,
 us_status varchar(50) not null,
 us_size int unsigned NOT NULL,
 us_sha1 varchar(31) NOT NULL,
 us_mime varchar(255),
 us_media_type ENUM("UNKNOWN", "BITMAP", "DRAWING", "AUDIO", "VIDEO",
"MULTIMEDIA", "OFFICE", "TEXT", "EXECUTABLE", "ARCHIVE") default NULL,
 us_image_width int unsigned,
 us_image_height int unsigned,
 us_image_bits smallint unsigned
 ) TYPE=InnoDB
"
from within function "DatabaseBase::sourceFile(
{path-to-wiki}/maintenance/archives/patch-uploadstash.sql )".
Database returned error "1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax;