[Mediawiki-l] which Seo extension do you use?

Daniel Friesen lists at nadir-seen-fire.com
Sat Nov 19 12:39:04 UTC 2011

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 03:38:57 -0800, Isabell Alcott
<uv22ealcott at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Being SEO friendly doesn't require installing a plugin by definition,
>> some
>> web applications are actually good at it out of the box. I think
>> MediaWiki
>> is one of them :)
>>

> I am not sure if i can confirm this. I did post a short text into a
> Wordpress installation with a SEO Tool and landed on No.1 on Google
>
> The same Text with same header, I did write into a Mediawiki installation
> and its not listes on the 1st 10 pages in google.

- Did Google even get to indexing the content
- Did Google perhaps notice the fact you used the same content in multiple
places and then decide to not show the second url because it's duplicate
content
- etc...

Search engines are mystical black boxes only understood by the gremlins
(*cough*Google developers*cough*) that live inside them. You can't make a
simple test like that and say that something is more optimized for search
engines than another.