[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki says cookies are disabled for Windows 7 + IE8

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:17:39 UTC 2011

On 10/11/11 18:55, Daniel Barrett wrote:
> Some of our Windows 7 computers (running IE8) are unable to log into MediaWiki 1.17.0
> at my company. The wiki login page complains that cookies need to be enabled (but they
> are).  Anybody else seen & solved this?
>
> It's only Windows 7 with IE8.
>
> Thanks,
> DanB

If from other browsers/OS cookies work, I think it'll indeed be that IE
is not sending the cookies. Maybe it is expecting a P3P or something
similar (although AFAIK that was only required so far for third-party
cookies).
How did you verify that cookies are indeed enabled? Did you check what
were the headers in the wire?