[Mediawiki-l] Help: URL resizing 404, SVG's render distorted

badon fastgoldfish at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 05:22:20 UTC 2011

sumanah from #mediawiki suggested that I post here. I set up SVG support on
my wiki, and I got the javascript links to rendered PNG images working to.
But, I noticed a few problems:

* SVG images distorted when thumbnails are generated using normal wiki image
link syntax.
* I also discovered that when I clicked on the link javascript links to
rendered PNG images, 404 errors were returned. This happens for ALL kinds of
images when scaling is requested via URL.

In troubleshooting this I got as far as finding some info about thumb.php
and htaccess rewrite rules that are supposed to redirect the 404 URLs to
thumb.php so the images can be generated. It's all greek to me, and I'm
surprised it isn't working by default on my wiki.

I have no idea why the SVG images are being rendered all weird.
ImageMagick's /usr/bin/convert seems to be configured correctly in
localsettings.php, and I don't see any problems.

You can have a look at the bizarreness here (login Demo/test):

http://www.coincompendium.com/wiki/index.php/File:Template-info.svg

Note that the 200px URL resize link works because that image was generated
with a wiki link, and was cached. It was generated all skewed too...