[Mediawiki-l] sementics mediawiki compatibility with oracle database.?

Markus Krötzsch markus at semantic-mediawiki.org
Thu May 26 20:18:56 UTC 2011

Hi Rahul,

I think nobody has tried to use Oracle with SMW yet, so it is likely
that there are some adjustments to be made before this works. If the
automatic creation of the required tables fails, you could try to make
the tables manually (the name and fields are shown in the [successful]
setup output on MySQL, and can be looked at in your MySQL database if
you have it running there). Normally the table names are in lower-case
characters -- I don't know why you get it in upper-case letters in your
output.

If you find concrete things that we should change to make it work on
Oracle, then we are happy to take them into account. You can submit
concrete suggestions to bugzilla.mediawiki.org. I think nobody of us has
a license for Oracle, so we cannot really develop effectively for this
platform.

Maybe you can also find further feedback on the SMW mailing list. I am
cross-posting this reply to the user list.

Cheers,

Markus