[Mediawiki-l] You should probably change your database password, since you just posted it for the world to see.

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:17:18 UTC 2011

great job at lecturing, yet completely missing quite a few important points.
you give examples of password files that are used to verify user's password, not to supply it, and those files are accessed with suid privileges.
separate file would be as world-readable as LocalSettings - because web server software would have to read it (or you'd have to do setuid trickery)
maybe putting outside the webroot would make sense for certain improperly configured environments, but unfortunately there's no way to auto-detect such environments and their settings, not without crystal ball at least.

there's enough of privilege separation - you can use superuser password to change user password after each maintenance :)

oh well, I already wrote too much text to reply to your lunacy ;-)