[Mediawiki-l] OggHandler doesn't work

Uwe Baumbach U.Baumbach at web.de
Fri May 20 11:17:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

need help activating OggHandler.

running wiki at version 1.14.1 (Yes, we will update! As soon as we see 1.17 stable) with language code "de".

- media handling software is installed on server
- extension files are checked out
- LocalSettings variables are set
- include is activated

upload and rendering the media file article at our commons works!

rendering an article with embedded ogg file leads to an error:

"Magic word 'ogg_noplayer' not found"
in
../our-wiki-root/includes/MagicWord.php(239): Language->getMagic(Object(MagicWord))

in OggHandler.i18n.magic.php I can't find

$magicWords['de'] = ...

may be it doesn´t matter - or not?

ogg-... messages are visible in MediaWiki ns ... in German - OK!

all other stuff seems to work properly too!

So, do one have any ideas?

THX in advance!

Uwe (Baumbach)
U.Baumbach at web.de