[Mediawiki-l] Berlin hackathon - we want your input

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Fri May 13 14:09:48 UTC 2011

A bunch of MediaWiki development folks are in Berlin at a hackathon --
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2011/05/13/wikimedia-tech-crowd-and-mediawiki-developers-gathering-in-berlin/
-- and we're working to make sure you can watch, listen, and participate
even if you're not here.

For example, we're going to have talks about the parser, the mobile
gateway, and performance improvement.  From today's talks: Purodha
Blissenbach is looking for testers for Narayam, a keyboard mapping for
Indic languages, and Hay Kranen would like people to test the WordPress
plugin PhotoCommons ( http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/PhotoCommons ),
"allowing easy searching, inserting and and maintaining of files from
Wikimedia Commons into your blog."  More in the live notes:
http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/mwhack11Fri

#mwhack11 IRC channel
live video streaming http://www.livestream.com/wikimediaberlin
#mwhack11 on Twitter/Identi.ca