[Mediawiki-l] Setting which boxes are checked by default for block user

Dan Nessett dnessett at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 17:59:24 UTC 2011

When a sysop needs to block a user using Special:BlockIP, there are boxes
that control optional behavior. One of these is "Automatically block the
last IP address used by this user ...". This always is set by default on
our wiki (we are using 1.16.2). We want to have this unset by default.

I have looked around for any configuration settings that would allow us
to deselect this option by default (e.g., http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/
Help:Blocking_users) but have found nothing. Is there a global that
controls this or perhaps some other configuration setting?

--
-- Dan Nessett