[Mediawiki-l] Search problem

Katharina Wolkwitz wolkwitz at fh-swf.de
Thu Mar 17 15:11:09 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've just tested a bit and found that in my wiki (MediaWiki 1.16.2, PHP 	5.3.5
(apache2handler), MySQL 5.5.8) I can search IP addresse with the dots/periods as
if the dots/periods were just any other letter (so I find all occurances of the
IP 194.94.3.130 or the IP-"beginning" 194.94.3).

Searching for words with dashes only works by putting the word inside " ".
For example searching for server-update finds all pages with either the word
server or the word update, whereas "server-update" finds only those pages with
the exact word server-update.

But all that is just the result of try-and-error and I'm sure that this list is
read by those people who know the wherefor-and-whys of mediawiki-programming. :-)

Greetings
Kate