[Mediawiki-l] email errors STILL

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 7 23:49:09 UTC 2011

On 08/03/11 09:40, Sandy Ryan wrote:
> I really don't want to use the PEAR server but my own smtp mailserver - how
> do I configure MediaWiki not to use PEAR but my smtp server? I already have
> the smtp server's IP address in the LocalSettings.php file.

PEAR is not a kind of server, it is a package repository. The packages
it contains add various features to PHP. One of the packages it
contains allows you to connect to your own SMTP mail server. If you
install this package correctly, then your problem will go away and
you'll be able to use your SMTP server.

-- Tim Starling