[Mediawiki-l] different views for different users

Robert Cummings robert at interjinn.com
Tue Mar 1 15:31:24 UTC 2011

On 11-03-01 10:18 AM, graham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set my mediawiki up with two completely different views:
>
> * 'Normal' users will see the wiki as if it was a static web site. None
> of the options or tabs normally seen along the top of the wiki page or
> down the left side should be visible to them at all. They will not be
> able to log in or edit any pages.
>
> * Admin users will see the wiki as a normal wiki, with all the default
> options and tabs visible, once they have logged in (the link to the
> log-in page will be from an external site)
>

> Is there any simple way to do this?

I haven't tried, but the skin is fairly late to be loaded (I think) so
you might be able to detect the user via an extension and then
dynamically update the default skin and which skins are available to the
user... essentially pigeonholing them once you know what kind of user
they are.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.