[Mediawiki-l] can't get NEWS extension to work

Nataraj incoming-mediawiki at rjl.com
Wed Jun 22 00:21:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just upgraded a wiki from 1.10 to 1.16.5.  I was previously running
the news extension and downloaded a version of the news extension for
the 1.16 release.

The following appears in my main page (along with other content):

<news limit="20" nominor unique>
* [[{{{pagename}}}]] ([[User:{{{user}}}]], {{{timeanddate}}})
</news>

Under the old 1.10 release, it would display recent changes to the
wiki.  Under the 1.16.5 release, I make updates to the wiki, yet the
news extension displays nothing.  When I go to the recent changes page,
it displays the changes.  Any ideas how to get this working?

Note, I downloaded this extension from
http://mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:News There appears to be several
similarly named extensions, but this is the one that was previously
working for me.  The other ones didn't seem to do quite what I wanted.

Thank You,
Nataraj