[Mediawiki-l] api.php giving 500 errors

Daniel Friesen lists at nadir-seen-fire.com
Mon Jun 20 17:20:28 UTC 2011

On 11-06-20 09:46 AM, Zach H. wrote:
> Running into api.php returning an 500 error when attempting to run the
> following query api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo
>
> The exact error is :
> Fatal error: Call to a member function getPrefixedText() on a non-object in
> /var/www/html/SupportWiki/includes/api/ApiQuerySiteinfo.php on line 110
>

> I have installed an "Test" database along side my existing and if I change
> to the "fresh" database it works without fail. I THINK the error is related
> to  $mainPage = Title :: newFromText( wfMsgForContent( 'mainpage' ) );
>
> what should I be looking for inside my database as switching to the "new"
> instance resolves the API issue.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
> Zach
Sound's like a reasonably expected error from that incorrectly written
line for any site that has a blank MediaWiki:Mainpage message.

You can replace the `Title::newFromText(wfMsgForContent('mainpage'));`
yourself with the proper `Title::newMainPage();`. This seams to have
been fixed since 1.17 so you don't have to worry about any conflicts
when you upgrade.