[Mediawiki-l] Initialising Database with pre-existing LocalSettings.php

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 07:45:29 UTC 2011

Hi!
I am interested in deploying MediaWiki in our environment, with a
preconfigured LocalSettings.php. Is there a way to initialise the database
tables while already having LocalSettings.php?

ie; I want to deploy a wiki preconfigured for our environment, with defaults
appropriate for our environment, yet only initialise the database on
deployment of the wiki into production.

In this way, several places could deploy the same pre-initialised
configuration, to their own local databases - or make minor changes to the
config (such as db prefix, credentials), and set up their own instance of
the wiki, retaining all other custom default settings.

Thanks.

Trevor Phillips - T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Senior Software Developer, Business Application Services
Information Technology Services, Murdoch University
CRICOS Provider Code 00125J