[Mediawiki-l] Simple anti-spam check?

Adam Meyer meyer7 at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 18 19:08:39 UTC 2011

You can run all edits through a regular expression to check for this exact type of thing
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgSpamRegex

I used this on a site of mine to see if a user inserted 10 or more links - Just place in local settings
$wgSpamRegex = '/(\[http:\/\/[a-z0-9\.\/\%_-]+(\s+[a-z0-9\.-]+)+\]\s+){10}/i';