[Mediawiki-l] Do temporary passwords from Extension:ConfirmAccount expire?

Matthew Betts matthew.betts at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jun 8 12:16:08 UTC 2011

Dear all,

When using Extension:ConfirmAccount, is there a time limit for logging in
after a temporary password for a new account has been set? Some of our users
are having problems logging in after forgetting about the email for a while,
and I wonder if that is the problem? The user_password field in the user
table is empty for this user. (And Extension:ConfirmAccount has worked well
for other users on the same wiki.)

1. user requests account
2. user confirms email address
3. bureacrat accepts request
4. email with temporary password is sent
5. user receives email but does nothing with it for weeks
5. user tries to log in with the emailed password but cannot

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Matthew Betts PhD, Russell Group
CellNetworks, BioQuant, University of Heidelberg
matthew.betts at bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de
+49 (0)6221 54 513 61